For those who are interested in doing a little more outside of Oly lifts your going to need something with a little more flexibility. These shoes are mostly designed for Oly lifts but can perform well doing other CrossFit exercises. Don’t expect to feel comfortable running much more than 800 meters in them. They are typically limited with the amount of cushioning and flexibility. If you’re looking for a shoe with improved flexibility and more cushioning check out my CrossFit Trainer hybrids Here.
For more information on other styles and what to look for in a weightlifting or CrossFit shoe read:
PRICE: $101.99-$149.99 w/ free shipping
REVIEW: 4.5 out of 5 @ 9 reviews
- Breathable mesh toe keeps foot ventilated
- Hook and loop strap locks in the foot to ensure stability and deliver immediate response
- Light-weight 3D Fuse Frame construction provides sturdy yet flexible support
- Anti-friction lining helps reduce moisture and heat build-up to keep feet dry and cool
- Heel clip grips rear foot securely and eliminates excess weight
- Flex grooved outsole provides superior traction on multi-surface terrain
- Flexible platform allows toe spring for multiple CrossFit movements
An excellent CrossFit shoe that provides the needed support for hard core Oly lifts but the needed flexibility for dynamic movements. They come with a cushioned midsole allowing for comfortability during warm up exercises but not quite enough for running. If your workouts primarily focus around Oly lifts but plan on doing box jumps, burpees, and/or double under these are a great choice.
PRICE: $127.00 w/ free shipping
REVIEW: 4.5 out of 5 @ 22 reviews
- VELCRO® brand strap lacing cover: Provides a secure fit and foot placement
- Nylon ripstop upper with a no-seam welded construction: Allows enhanced durability when rope climbing
- External Heel Cage: Creates lateral stability and comfort
- Power-Truss heel featuring cylindrical tubes: Forms an incredibly stable base for lifting with reduced weight
- Natural Fit with a wider toe box: For toe splay during lifts
- Meta-Flex groove in the forefoot: Provides a natural flex point in the shoe
- Suction cup outsole with inverse checker pattern: Provides secure grip
These are another great option for those looking to up their Oly game. These are super stable but offer great flexibility in the toe to allow for nearly all the major CrossFit moves and should be adequate for shorter runs. They also come with a Nylon ripstop upper that provides extra protection when doing rope climbs. The heel cage will provide extra support when whipping the bar overhead for Oly lifts.
PRICE: $170.00w/ free shipping
REVIEW: 3.5 out of 5 @ 8 reviews
- Weight: 370G / 12OZ
- Fit: STANDARD
- Upper: SYNTHETIC
- Lining: MESH
- Footbed: 3MM
- Midsole: TPU
- Shank: N/A
- Drop: 16.5MM
- Sole: FASTLIFT™
- Compound: STICKY
This is designed more for the purist lifter. Not recommended for rope climbing or most other dynamic lifts the shoe performs excellent for Oly lifts. It offers a super stable platform and great stability but unfortunately, there is not much positive feedback with the Boa lacing system. It apparently tends to fall apart quickly not being able to hold up to the rigours lifting associated weight Oly lifts. If you are partial to Inov-8 and are looking for a good lifting shoe, this might be a good fit for you. Just use caution with the Boa lacing system as it’s not the best quality in the world.
Did you enjoy this article?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a new tip to your inbox every week.