Considered the mother of all rowers, the Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine has become the go-to brand for serious athletes and average joes alike. Sturdy construction, a smooth rowing action, the versatile PM5 computer, and easy storage will make it a great addition to your home gym.
If you aren’t familiar with indoor rowing or want some tips on how to perfect your stroke check out The Health Benefits of Rowing. It not only introduces you to the benefits of rowing but will show you drills and a great workout to blast fat and get the heart pumping.
A Proven Reputation
It’s the only rower trusted for the Crossfit Games and will certainly push your fitness to the next level. The commercial quality construction is capable of supporting up to 500 lbs and come with a 5-year frame warranty and 2-year parts warranty. Given this rower is the only one used for the Crossfit Games this is a good thing. These are athletes that really push their equipment to the limits.
Equipped with the latest technology
Don’t be deceived by the no-frills display. The addition of the PM5 is now equipped with Bluetooth capabilities to link to your smart device or workouts can be downloaded to USB. This means you can better monitor progress and break PR’s. You can also now link it with heart rate monitor to make sure you’re hitting your targets every time. For the serious athlete and Crossfitter, this is a must!
Tested and Proven
The Concept two is one of the smoothest rowers on the market. The spiral damper and nickel plated chain ensure you get a super smooth pull every time. Not to mention it is extremely low maintenance making for easy care. It easily breaks into two pieces and can be easily stored away when not in use.
Concept2 Model D Rower Specifications:
- Made in the USA
- Includes PM5 Performance Monitor**
- Flywheel design for a smooth feel, minimal noise
- Spiral Damper with adjustable 1-10 settings
- Ergonomic handle promotes natural arm and hand position.
- 14” Seat moves smoothly on aluminum rail / stainless steel track
- Adjustable monitor arm and simple two-part separation for compact storage
- Flexfoot footrests adjust for quick and easy sizing
- Easy assembly with tools and illustrated instructions included
- Caster wheels for mobility
- Color: Black with matte finish (also available in Grey)
**PM5 Performance Monitor Specifications:
- Monitor turns on when you start your workout
- Tracks distance, speed, pace, calories burned, and watts
- Manage a wide range of features such as preset workouts, games, and multiple languages
- View force curve, pace boat, bar chart, large print, or all data
- Screen illuminates automatically when you start your workout
- Store performance data and/or transfer data to your Mac or PC via a USB Flash Drive
- Using ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart with compatible heart rate monitors
- Supports machine-to-machine racing, plus connectivity to computers and smartphones
A great video on the FAQs when it comes to the Model E & D Rowers
Did you enjoy this article?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a new tip to your inbox every week.