Just like all Bowflex® SelectTech® dumbbells, with just the turn of a dial, you can automatically change your resistance from 10 lbs (4.5 kg) all the way up to 90 lbs (40.8 kg) of weight. No more picking up 17 different sets of dumbbells to get the results you want!
- Replaces up to 34 Dumbbells – with just the turn of a dial, you can automatically change your resistance from 10 lbs (4.5 kg) all the way up to 90 lbs (40.8 kg) of weight.
- Adjusts to Your Workout – adjust in 5 lb (2.3 kg) increments so you can gradually increase your strength.
- Space Efficient – Say goodbye to 17 sets of dumbbells cluttering your workout space.
- Wider Weight Range – weight that adjusts up to 90 lbs., you’ll continue to see results as your fitness level improves.
- Total Body Results – with the wider weight range you can do heavy exercises such as shrugs and lunges as well as lighter exercises such as curls and raises.
- Quieter Workouts – durable molding around metal plates provides for a smooth lift-off and quieter workouts…no clanging metal plates!
- Special Bonus – FREE Bowflex® SelectTech® workout DVD – “Secrets of the 4 Step Rep” – with every purchase. Get the most out of your workout – work smarter, not harder. Over 30 exercises with over 80 variations.
Touting itself as 30 weights in the space of one this product has 2,008 reviews giving it 4.5 stars on Amazon.com. This is obviously a product Bowflex must be very proud of, and they have every right to be. I’ve been eyeing these dumbbells since they first came on the market years ago and they’ve only gotten better since then.
That being said they are not a solid piece of metal like traditional dumbbells so slamming them down after a set of presses is not advised. They have moving parts that are likely get damaged given too much force. For home use, they will be fine but I would recommend using a spotter when going for heavier weights.
Sorry guys, this set does not come with a rack. That being said at this price shipping is free and I’m sure your wallet (and the FedEx guy) will thank you for not ordering a set of traditional dumbbells to equal what you get with the SelectTech set.
According to some of the reviews, the angles on the handles can be a bit difficult to deal with. If this is the case I recommend getting a good set of weightlifting gloves to give a little cushion between your hands and the weight.
Other people have also complained about the weights not seating properly in the rack. This could be due to the dial not being in the proper position. After a set, if you drop the dumbbells on the floor with a little more gusto than intended be sure the dial is lined up properly before returning them to the rack. Again these are moving parts so it’s recommended you don’t drop them too hard on the ground. Not to mention it could void the warranty.
Should you have an issue With the dial being stuck simply remove all the plates, place the handles back in the rack turn the dial to ten and simply replace the plates after that. This should resolve a stuck dial issue. This can be a frustration if performing a circuit with low rest times but it is something does shouldn’t happen too often.
I think the 4.5-star rating is completely appropriate. No, they are not perfect and should not be used for commercial applications but Bowflex has produced a fantastic home fitness product. Given that they give you so much flexibility and take up such little space you couldn’t ask for more. They come highly recommend for those that don’t have the cash or a whole wall to dedicate to a full traditional set of dumbbells. Plus, they look damn awesome sitting in the corner of any room.
Click HERE to get the product directly from Bowflex. This set comes with both dumbbells
You can also get the SelectTech Dumbbell Stand to round out the order.
Did you enjoy this article?
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get a new tip to your inbox every week.